|Job Title||Emergency Medical Responder Trainee*|
|Location||Lake Charles, LA*||*Position is based out of Lake Charles, LA|
Emergency Medical Responder Trainee to Emergency Medical Responder in 10 days!
Accelerated EMR class
Get Paid to Train for a Rewarding Career!
Acadian Ambulance Service is offering an opportunity for you to take a step into a new career field. Become an Emergency Medical Responder in just 10 days and get paid while you attend school.
Emergency Medical Responder Trainees will attend an Accelerated EMR class Monday – Friday for 10 days. If selected for this training program, you will be considered a full-time Acadian Ambulance Service employee. Class tuition, books, and fees will be paid by Acadian Ambulance in return for your commitment to work as an EMR for Acadian for 1 year after completing the class, and passing the certification exam.
Details of the training program include:
- This rigorous accelerated curriculum will be taught Monday – Friday from 8a – 5p.
- Class lasts approximately 10 days.
- Location is TBD.
- If selected, employment as a trainee while in class will be contingent upon satisfactory results of a drug screen, background & motor vehicle check, and physical lift test.
- Must obtain a Louisiana class D chauffeur’s driver’s license to work as an EMR.
- The course will be free of charge in return for your commitment to work as an EMR for Acadian Ambulance for 1 year after successfully completing the class. If you do not complete the class, course charges will apply.
- As a Trainee you will be considered a full-time employee with benefits and paid $11/hr. while in class. Should you be unsuccessful in passing the class, employment will end immediately.
- Upgrade to Emergency Medical Responder after successful completion of course and pay increases to $13.50/hr. with plenty of overtime available if you want to work extra.
- Advancement opportunities to EMT, Paramedic (with tuition assistance), Air Med, EMS educator, EMS leadership, or remote paramedicine at one of the most respected ambulance services in the U.S.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.