|Job Title||NEMSA Instructor*|
|Location||San Antonio, TX*||*Position is based out of San Antonio, TX|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
The National EMS Academy has an immediate opening for a full-time Instructor at the San Antonio Campus. This position is responsible for delivering and evaluating education for the Paramedic Classes as well as Refresher and Continuing Education Classes.
• Lesson Planning
• Deliver course material to learners either locally or via distance learning technology
• Assist other faculty members as necessary in lesson delivery, skills instruction, or student evaluation.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of both lesson content and the educational delivery systems (ie. Exams, practical evaluations, etc.)
• Maintain NEMSA equipment/supplies/property to assure safe and effective operation.
• Participate in teams and committees.
• Schedule, oversee, and evaluate learner clinical performance.
• Counsel and remediate learners as required.
• Maintain accurate and confidential records of student progress
• Coordinate and deliver standardized courses (ie. ACLS, PALS, BLS, etc.)
• Maintain a working knowledge of State and National examination processes.
• Participate in scheduled on-call rotations and duties.
• National Registry or State Paramedic
• Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience preferred
• Associate degree or higher preferred
• Maintain instructor certifications from American Heart Association (ACLS and BLS) and from the State of Texas
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and meet multiple concurrent deadlines independently.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.