|Job Title||Infrastructure Analyst I|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
The Information Technology department at Acadian Ambulance has an immediate full time opening for an Infrastructure Analyst I.
The Infrastructure Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the Virtual and Physical infrastructure as well as the Enterprise Storage Solutions. This position will provide guidance and direction to support teams and other areas of IT. This role will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure job scheduling, backup efficiency, capacity management, system performance, offsite replication, and maintenance. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor to other roles within the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, skills or working conditions associated with the job.
- Configure, maintain, and document the virtual infrastructure environment, including: hosts, networking, storage, and infrastructure; including updates, patches, and weekly status reports.
- Engage in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Resolves issues with the physical and virtual layers of the virtual environment.
- Maintain and adhere to compliance of established policies, practices, standards, and licensing requirements.
- Supports business needs to improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud.
- Work with managed partners to perform operational support and project activities including monitoring daily backup jobs, troubleshooting any failures, and reporting to system owners and stakeholders.
- Lead and assist with critical incident response and remediation for virtual infrastructure environment, including: hosts, networking, storage, and infrastructure
- Lead and assist with evaluating, recommending and purchasing new software/hardware
- Performs change management using standard tools. Ensures conformance and compliance with existing system standards. Measures performance to ensure proper operation.
- Trains technical staff on use of software/hardware tools in accordance with required standards and procedures.
- Participate in after hours critical production support as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience with Virtual Infrastructures: vSphere, Hyper-V, and vCenter deployment, planning, configuration, and maintenance in enterprise production environments.
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience working with enterprise-grade storage solutions(Netapp, EMC), including planning, configuration, deployment, and maintenance.
- Fundamental knowledge of configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, including DNS, DHCP, and the TCP/IP Stack.
- Fundamental knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure (e.g., Azure or AWS).
- Fundamental knowledge of programming and automation platform(C, Bash/Python/PowerShell, Ansible/Chef/etc).
- Strong aptitude for maintaining documentation for infrastructure platforms on strategies, plans, designs, configuration standards, and key performance metrics.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Experience opening priority incidents with external vendors and driving to resolution required.
- Fundamental knowledge of how discrete infrastructure components work together to provide a reliable and secure hosting environment.
- Understanding of security concepts and how they impact functional areas required, including HIPAA, PCI privacy rules.
- Excellent interpersonal, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience.
- Works under direction and guidance in planning details of procedures and methods to attain definite objectives.
- Experience working in an acquisition minded environment with the ability to scale technologies, people and process.
- Strong technical foundation that enables thoughtful troubleshooting during complex incidents.
- The ability to multi-task and work across a range of projects and issues with various timelines and priorities.
- VMWare Certified Technical Associate or comparable within 6 months, Netapp Certified Technology Associate within 12 months.
*On-site/Remote Hybrid work schedule
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.