|Job Title||Resolution Specialist - RUM/PST|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
Job Opening: Resolution Specialist - RUM/PST
Job Location: Lafayette, LA - This position is primarily based in the office, but is eligible for periodic work from home.
Summary of Duties: Responsible for PST and RUM claim resolution.
- Reviewing the PST Holding queue on a daily basis to prevent timely filing write offs
- Assisting with manual write offs
- Making priority code changes in CAD
- Assisting payor units with the back end PST claims and MCR appeals for resolution as needed.
- Assisting with daily timely filing reports and queue reports as well as weekly unbilled reports
- Assisting front end with PST Conflict Resolution
- Assisting with front end duties when needed; following up on past due forms and additional documentation
- Following up with QIC, OS, OM when a medic has not completed a return within a timely manner
- Assigning queues to the correct employee that returned or requesting additional documentation
- Compiling and reporting the VPO report bi-weekly
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- 5+ years of Medicare, Medicaid and/or Insurance Billing experience required, or Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of Billing experience including ICD-10 coding
- Proficient in Google, MS Office Suite or related software
- Understands HIPAA and Red Flag guidelines
- Problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Familiarity with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services regulations (ambulance)
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and work independently
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Punctual with strong attendance history
- Ability to adhere to productivity goals, departmental and company guidelines, dress code, policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and time management
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality
Benefits (Included but not limited to)
- Eligible for Work From Home
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program)
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Why work for Acadian
Founded in 1971, Acadian Companies is an employee-owned, multi-faceted company with six divisions, a global reach and a mission of improving the lives of our patients, customers and employees through our innovative spirit and diverse divisions. Acadian has earned a reputation as one of the nation’s most respected and largest privately held medical transportation companies.
In an area known for a family-centric culture with strong communities and hard workers, Acadian Ambulance grew out of our community’s need for emergency medical support and care. Commitment to our community, along with our love of the people within it, guided us in the beginning and is our driving force today. Even with our expansive growth across multiple states, this mindset continues to be the foundation of our organization. We are proud to care for our family, friends, and neighbors.
In 1993, Acadian instituted an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), giving employees the opportunity to own private stock in the company. Acadian sets up a trust fund for qualifying employees and contributes new shares of its own stock or cash to buy existing shares. Acadian employees currently own 80% of the company stock.
Through this structure, employees own the company, giving them a sense of pride and a stronger investment in their work. Acadian employee-owners see every day as an opportunity to make a difference.