Acadian Ambulance Service has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Mechanic to work in our Dallas, TX shop. The incumbent will perform troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance on our ambulance vehicles.
- No Flag Time
- Uniforms provided & Boot Allowance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & more
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) after 1 year of service
- Weekly Overtime
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Inspect and repair company vehicles
- Preventive Maintenance on ambulance fleet and other company vehicles.
- Write work tickets
- Mechanical related repairs
- Work with shop employees and supervisors
- Electrical repairs
- Drive vehicles
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Clean driving record.
- Current driver’s license (Class-D Required)
- On-the-job training available with two to three years of mechanical experience; related training by G.M. or other schools (trade or otherwise).
- Diesel Mechanic experience preferred
- Mechanical knowledge; reading; writing; speaking; hand tool use; specialized tool use.
- Have basic hand tools.
Salary Range - $50,000 to $70,000 / Work Schedule 50 Hrs. Week
- Maintain social, ethical, and organizational norms.
- Achieve accomplishment of all task details, no matter how small.
- Maintain good personal motivation; develop a sense of ownership of job tasks and results.
- Must have a sense of urgency for all work performed.
- Ability to work under the pressure of meeting strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Orientation to job requirements.
- Completion of Acadian gen. orientation