|Job Title||Emergency Medical Responder Trainee|
Emergency Medical Responder Trainee to Emergency Medical Responder in 10 days!
Accelerated EMR class
Get Paid to Train for a Rewarding Career!
Acadian Ambulance Service is offering an opportunity for you to take a step into a new career field. Become an Emergency Medical Responder in just 10 days and get paid while you attend school.
Emergency Medical Responder Trainees will attend an Accelerated EMR class Monday – Friday for 10 days. If selected for this training program, you will be considered a full-time Acadian Ambulance Service employee. Class tuition, books, and fees will be paid by Acadian Ambulance in return for your commitment to work as an EMR for Acadian for 1 year after completing the class, and passing the certification exam.
Details of the training program include:
- This rigorous accelerated curriculum will be taught Monday – Friday from 8a – 5p.
- Classes start monthly with class lasting approximately 10 days.
- Location is TBD.
- If selected, employment as a trainee while in class will be contingent upon satisfactory results of a drug screen, background & motor vehicle check, and physical lift test.
- Must obtain a Louisiana class D chauffeur’s driver’s license to work as an EMR.
- The course will be free of charge in return for your commitment to work as an EMR for Acadian Ambulance for 1 year after successfully completing the class. If you do not complete the class, course charges will apply.
- As a Trainee you will be considered a full-time employee with benefits and paid $11/hr. while in class. Should you be unsuccessful in passing the class, employment will end immediately.
- Upgrade to Emergency Medical Responder after successful completion of course and pay increases to $13.50/hr. with plenty of overtime available if you want to work extra.
- Advancement opportunities to EMT, Paramedic (with tuition assistance), Air Med, EMS educator, EMS leadership, or remote paramedicine at one of the most respected ambulance services in the U.S.